Tuesday, April 8, 2008

First Steps!

Last night Gwennie and I were playing while Gordon had a bath. I started to sing the "If you're happy and you know it..." song. And up until half way through the second verse, Gwen was standing all by herself! And then, as if that weren't impressive enough, she took two small steps in my direction, following by stumbling into my arms. I called down to Gordon to tell him, and decided to try again. Lo and hehold, she repeated her performance! So Gordon hurried out of the bathtub, quickly got dressed and came in. We figured for sure that she wouldn't show her trick to an audience, but she actually did it a handful more times! The secret seemed to be the song, funnily enough. It distracted her from the fact that she wasn't holding our hands I think.

We tried to pull out the video camera, but by then she was tired and just wanted to touch the camera. So Gordon is going to attempt to get it on film. If he is successful I promise to add it to my blog tonight. Yay for walking!

No comments: